Friday, May 6, 2011

Been pretty busy...

I haven't written much lately. I've been pretty busy working and taking care of the home. I had another follow up with the surgeon the other day. He says the healing is going well. I'm still having considerable pain, but he says it is normal. The muscles he "messed with" are just tighter than normal causing spasms and pain. Hopefully by the next visit, I'll be given a clean bill of health. Can't wait to exercise again!

The kids are doing wonderfully. Chloe amazes me everyday with the things she knows. She walked up to me the other day and told me that Jupiter was the largest planet. Then walked away. I love that girl. Finn is amazing me too! He is growing so fast. He's crawling all over the place now and in to everything. He pulls himself up on the couch and today he did it in the playpen! I turned around and he was smiling at me from over the top rail.

We're still struggling with the potty training for Chloe. But, we started watching some good friends' kids this weeks. She loves playing with Sammy and Sis. And I think they'll be a good influence on her since they both use the potty. She's even laid out a plan of what she wants as a potty reward: After 7 days, she wants a goldfish (in a bowl - she makes sure I know that part). After 14 days, she wants a butterfly (I figure if she gets potty trained, I'm willing to say yes to almost anything!). After 21 days, she wants to go to the zoo (just her, daddy and mommy - Finn will stay with Grandma and Papaw for the day) and ride the elephant (I sure hope they still do that!!!). After 28 days, she wants the Bo Peep doll on her shelf. (It's an Madame Alexander Doll I had when I was little. It's in near mint condition and I've been telling her now to having it because I didn't want it messed up. But at this point, I think it's a great "present" for a stubborn little girl who wants to potty train on her own schedule!).

John and I are working together to make some plans to change and better our lives. Not much to be said about it all right now until we iron out the details. Let's just say I'm hoping we'll be in a better place this time next year. We're both working together to improve our lives all around. I appreciate the energy he is putting into helping us figure our lives out. (I love my husband!)

On the money saving front. I had a great shopping trip last week. I saved 50 percent. Not the best savings, but I was happy with $100.00 for $200 worth of stuff! I didn't even really "coupon". But, I bought enough for snacks, lunches and dinners for the next 2 weeks. I might need to take one trip for ground beef and possibly milk and cereal. But everything else is stocked up! I'm happy with feeding a family of 4 (plus 2 other kids 2x a week) for $50.00/week!

I've also been winning like mad on these giveaways I've been entering. Lots of wonderful free stuff! Some big, some small. I can't wait to see what I win next!!!  I know I'm driving some folks nuts with all the "giveaway posts" on Facebook, but hey - it's paying off in a BIG way for me recently, so bear with me!

Well that's it for now! I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment