Sunday, March 13, 2011

Catch up...

I missed my daily update yesterday...Totally forgot.

Yesterday was a fun, but long day. The kids and went to Amanda's baby shower. It was great to see her after 3 months! Can't believe the little princess will be here Thursday! Yay! Too bad I can't get up there to see her soon...
Anyways, I showed a lot of self-restraint at the party. Lots of yummy yummy food. I tried several dips but mostly stuck to the veggie tray (yummo snap peas!!! Whoever came up with putting snap peas on a party tray is genius!!!) I did "splurge" and have a small (I'm talking a 1/4 inch thick sliver) of chocolate cake. It just looked too good!
Chloe got to go outside and play with the boys and Uncle Greg and Ben. She had a blast. She ran and swung and slid for a couple of hours. She was so tired she fell asleep in the car on the way home. She never does that! It's been over a year since the last time she fell asleep in the car!

I was really tired yesterday after 4 hours sleep so I was a bit cranky and short with Chloe. This is the one change I'm REALLY struggling with. I find myself getting after her a lot, over little things. And then as soon as I do, I instantly think - you shouldn't have done that. I just can't stop myself. I'm trying to do what my mom said and stop and think before I speak, but I'm not doing a great job at it. I think part of its the lack of sleep - getting up really early and staying up really late to get work done and then when I do go to bed at a decent time, fighting insomnia for several hours or better yet, falling asleep only to wake up every 30-40 minutes...But that's not a good excuse to snap at her. She's just a 3 year old. I need to learn to control myself.
I haven't spent any money this week because I haven't had any to spend. :) GREAT way to not splurge is to be broke! But, I'm working hard to change the broke part of the equation.
I'm looking forward to Zumba again this week. I'm going to try something I will most likely regret - 3 days of Zumba in a row. But I know I'm going to miss 6 weeks of exercise starting 4/6 so I might as well do as much as I can now. I'm using the same theory with writing. I think I'm going to work every day (at least 2-3 if not more) until 4/6 to have a little extra in the bank. Then I can take a week off and not worry about it. We'll see how that goes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment