Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chicken Tikka Masala and Aloo Gobi

If you don't know what that is, my best description is it is YUM! That was our dinner tonight. Granted it took us about 2 hours to make it (not including the prep earlier in the day) but it was worth it. I don't have a nutritional table for it, but I can't imagine it was bad for us! The worst parts would be the fat-free half and half and VERY minimal amount of plain yogurt consumed...Oh and the potatoes and cauliflower aren't bursting at he seems with nutrition, but not bad for us, especially in the small serving sizes...
It was a yummy eating day at the Ringwald house! We started the day with eggs and sausage (well, John had sausage - Chloe and I had eggs...and she kept eating and had some yogurt and some crackers too). Then for lunch I made crescent roll ups (crescent rolls wrapped around about a teaspoon of shredded cheese and about a teaspoon of chopped bacon - again not high on the nutritional count, but not bad either...No fried today. No sweets. No pop - other than the Coke Zero...)
We took half a walk. Well, half of a half of a walk. We made it about a quarter of the way around the block before I realized it was WAY to cold for the babies. So we turned around and went back. But the good news on the exercise front is my cousin went to get the information for Zumba tonight, so we'll be starting next week sometime!
Didn't spend a dime today, so that was good!
Patience was a little short. Chloe got in BIG trouble for coloring on the fridge - she knows better. I actually stayed pretty calm with that. My patience issue was when we were on the walk and she ran into the back of my feet with her little stroller 5 times in 2 minutes...But surprisingly, the rest of the day went pretty well.
Work-wise. Not so great. I wrote this morning about my grand plan of 8-10 a day. A bit of a failure on day one - I got two done this morning before Finn and Amelia had their meltdowns. Finn wasn't feel 100 percent today and wouldn't eat so he was just plain hungry. Then with everything else going on I didn't start writing again until 8:30 tonight. Being as tired as I am I worked for 2 hours and got 2 done. Not a good pace at all! So, with eyes fighting to stay open, I wrote this post. But now, I'm calling it a night.
Tomorrow is a new day with new possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment